Battle of the Batteries

Duracell claims that kids don't care about what batteries power their toys, and I have never been more insulted. See, I was a dork, and yes, I did have my battery preferences. Sure I trusted the "copper top"...they worked better than Rayovac, and definitely better than Chap Stick, and yeah, they came with that cool strip you could press down on to see how charged it was, but now I'm not so sure. Now I may just have to go back to my kid-hood allegiance was with the bunny.

Depending on which mythology you believe, the Energizer Bunny started out as a man who found a genie, wished for money, girls, and "long life," and got exactly what he wished for. In my 8-year-old opinion, that didn't sound like such a bad deal (so long as the other two wishes were part of the package). If not, then it was just some toy that escaped from the Energizer labs and is reportedly "still going" to this day on the same batteries... either way, "long-lasting" is basically the theme here.

Duracell is obviously better, but nothing says 90s like a pink bunny in flip flops. And because attempts to stop him have been thwarted, he's probably still out there (somewhere) incongruously banging that drum and interrupting random commercials for Alarm Soap and Not Bacon. No one messes with a dude in cool shades.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I loved that strip you press down on. It took the mystery out of which battery was causing my Gameboy to suddenly be off.

    Also, HOW IS THIS THE FIRST TIME I'VE NOTICED THE FLIP FLOPS? WHAT.

    Lor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wisdom is always welcomed Lor.

    Same here, I never really noticed the flip flops until now. I guess that makes the Energizer bunny the mascot equivalent of "the Dude" (or El Duderino, if you prefer).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...