Scented Markers

Looking back, I don't know what they were thinking. They just wanted us huffing markers I guess. And did it work? You bet. Just pop the top and there was no force on earth that could stop me from getting that into my nose, and they made my drawings smell like an acetone potpourri.  Ahhhhohhhh yeah....  just jam that little juicy wet marker tip right up my fricken nose hole and let me just.... let me just... *huffs* uuuughhhh-ohhhh yeeeeeah...  ...

The best ones were cherry (red), cinnamon (brown), and sour apple (dark green). Grape (purple) was also heavenly. None of them smelled anything like the real thing though, except licorice (black), which smelled like what it was. Yellow was lemon, but it was a very weak, sweet lemon, and sometimes the brown was also root beer. At least none of them smelled like you know what.

The amount of recreational solvent present in a 12 pack of these things was almost too much for a kid, but they certainly helped me through the rigors of the day back then. They were better than the real thing. Cinnamon had just the right spice note with the paint thinner. Mint was like rolling in a meadow of fresh Isopropyl spuds. Watermelon and blueberry were potent juice swabs, sweet like xylene and benzene. And orange? Kind of like orange soda, but with subtle sweet hints of ether and methylene. Always a good combo. Put that in my nose! I'm addicted!

I may or may not have attempted to suck them, but they didn't taste anywhere near as good. And no, they didn't harm me none, just look at what I do with myself now.

Seriously, I need these in my nose... now!!

1 comment:

  1. I <3 Mr. Sketchy Markers! They actually have some for sale at Walmart, the exact same set and everything. However, they're like 10 bucks.. it's kinda expensive to me but as soon as I get a job- they're mine!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...